Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9/27/2010

Dear Family,

Well it has been quite a crazy week. And I mean really crazy. I don't have much time but I will do my best to explain.
Last monday was not pday, wednesday was. but we still got to email because on wednsday all the email places would be closed because of the holiday. We did lots of good missionary work and had a good day.
Tuesday was the first day of the korean thanksgiving and we had a special missionary training meeting. It was really good. we learned about using time effectively, faith and learned more about baptism. The Assistants gave everyone a promise that if they used the new training they could get a baptismal date within the next week. It was really powerful and I felt the spirit really strong. Later that night we went out contacting and shared the family proclamation. No one was really interested but we talked to lots of people.
Wednesday was the holiday and it was pday. My companioon got to call her family. I was just a little jealous. At the same time my comp was talking with her family the senior couple missionaries were talking to their kids on the phone and I was studying Korean : ( But its ok. Christmas I will get to call. For the holiday all the missionaries in the surrounding zones got together and we played soccer! It was soooo fun. I did pretty well didn't score any goals but i stole the ball alot and made some good passes. I realized I really miss soccer. We did the same thing wednesday night with saring the proclamation. People didn't mind talking with us about family : )
Thursday I was soooo sore! LOL but luckily we had planning meeting and then we organized our area book and member book and then we did a little contacting and some calling.
Friday we went street boarding with the elders in our district. Before we had even finished setting up the boards we had scheduled two return appointments. It was a real miracle. We talked to lots of people and gave away a few book of mormons.
Saturday was english class. Our investigator KimYoungRay had come back from his month long trip to America last week so we were really excited to talk to him. He has been an investigator for three years. He hasn't been able to be baptized because his wife really hates the church. Well here is the exciting part. After english class we met with Brother Kim and our bishop and our ward leader and we set a baptismal date fopr next saturday!!! This guy has been waiting for over three years to be baptized. It is kind of sad how it has come about, I think he got divorced. He wanted so badley to keep his family together. He is sad but also this is a very happy time. The ward mission leader talked about how the ward is really a family and when you are baptized you become a part of that family. I think it was really good. And so the APs promise was fulfilled. We worked hard even though it was a holiday and got a baptismal date.
Sunday we had the baptismal interview with our district leader and he is good to go. Tonight is transfer calls. I am a little worried I will get transfered. I really like Sister Kim a lot and I love mokdong. It is the only area I've ever known. And I love all my investigators. I really want to see them all get baptized. But I guess if someone else can get it done I'm ok with that. As long as they get baptized. I love this work so much. This has been a great week. I really feel like a missionary. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Through the Book of Mormon I have come to know my savior Jesus Christ. Have fun with conference. we don't get to see it till the next week. I love you!!!!!!!

-Sister Kincheloe