Wednesday, October 6, 2010

10-3-2010



Dear Family!
Well, we all knew it had to happen sometime. I've been transfered.
I am now serving in the wonderful Sanggeh Ward of the Dong Stake. It is as far away from MokDong as I could have gone.
On Monday night I recieved a call from president and then wednesday morning at 8am I was with my new companion on the subway bound for Sanggeh. So tuesday was my last day in mokdong. It was sad saying goodbye to all the investigators and members. They have been so wonderful to me and have given me so much service. I really love them like family. I feel like they have served me way more than I have served them. i wish I knew some way to thank them and show how much I love them. That is getting to be one of the hardest things for me. I love these people so much but I don't know how to show my love. It is one of my goals this transfer to show more love.
I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone but I saw a few people and took some pictures. It was hard saying goodbye to Sister Kim too. we had really become like sisters. It is hard to explain but we were just so similar. It was so easy to be together.
Well here is some more exciting news. My new companion is also Korean!!!!!! Yeahhh!!!!! I'm pretty much the luckiest most blessed missionary in the whole world. It is sooooo rare to have 3 Korean companions. Lots of elders never get native companions and lots of sisters too. I love it so much for so many reasons. When I'm with a korean I feel korean. I feel included in all the little inside Korean jokes that foreigners could never get on their own. And they just teach so powerfully and so beautifully. My companion's name is Sister Jung-Ye-Sol. She is from Daejon are of Seoul. She also have 5 kids in her family. She is the oldest. She has one brother on a mission in Canada and one brother preparing to go on a mission and her parents were in charge of the first EFY is Korea. She goes to school at UVU. We discovered that we lived just down the street from each other last year. Crazy! her english is perfect. Better than my trainer's even. She is seriously a superstar missionary. Seriously I am learning so much from her. And this area is amazing. It has the most investigators of the whole mission. When i found out I was coming here I was so scared because I felt like I was going to mess everything up. But my companion assures me that I wont. I really have to trust in the Lord everyday to help me and give me strength. I really am not qualified for this. but somehow, through the power of the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ I make it work and I get the job done. Everyday is a miracle.
At first and even now a little bit I missed mokdong so much. It was such a wierd feeling because I want to love my new area but I don't know how to remember everyone I love in mokdong and love all these new amazing people too. My companion talked to me about it and see said I can love both because Heavenly Father loves everyone so he will help us love everyone too, but I need to focus my attention on what is in front of me. She is right and I am trying to make the adjustment. She is so wonderful.
So I told you about our miracle of miracles, KimYoungRay's baptismal date. Well it happened. He got dunked! His baptism was on the Saturday after transfers. i was soooo sad I wan't going to be able to see it but my super amazing companion prayed that if it was worthy we would be able to go. And it just so happened that our appointment canceled Saturday afternoon and we went to the baptism!!!!! ..... well kind of. We went to Mokdong and we were able to see him before he got baptized but we had to leave right away because we had an appointment that evening. It was so wonderful. Baptism is such a glorious miracle. through Baptism we take upon ourselves the name of Christ and we are able to recieve all the blessings that come from the Atonement. its amazing. Everyone should get baptized.
Well thats about all I think of now. I know lots more has happened and I have already seen so many miracles here in Sanggeh. God has already blessed this area so much. Now we just need to baptize them all ; ) Through the power of God I know we can. Next week we get to see General Conference. I'm excited for it. I hope I get to see it in English but I think I might need to be in the Korean room with our investigators. So we'll see.
I love you all soooo much!!! thank you for all your wonderful letter and support. I love you very much. i carry pictures of you everywhere so alot of random Koreans have seen your face. They think mom is really beautiful, dad is my grandfather, sometimes they think I'm kelly and that spencer is my husband, ooo, some think that robert and charlotte are mom and dad, and some people just think we are the cutest family in the whole world!... which we are ; )
I know this is the Lord's Kingdom on the Earth. So lets build it up.
Love Sister Emily Grace Kincheloe