Thursday, June 24, 2010

another baptism =]

Hello Family!

What a great week I've had. Yesterday we had another Baptism. Last week was 윤미 숙 and this week was 김서영 . This week's baptism was a 17 year old girl. She is a miracle. My companion found her on the bus and our second meeting with her she had a baptismal date. She has so much love and faith. Also this week at church was Elder Che - a member of the 70. He was great. I couldn't understand what he said but I could feel the power. We had district meeting this week as well. Super fun. The Jordins - who I met at the mtc and are Sister Leishman's Mom's cousins - are in my district. We met at their house and they made us waffles and eggs and muffins. It was so delicious. I hadn't realized how much I missed real food. I do really well with the Korean food. I'm just no to the point where I would choose it over waffles and eggs. I eat kimchi. The members love it when they see me reaching for the kimchi - it is basically cabbage fermented in spicy pickle juice - mmm, tastey. It is a little too spicy for my liking but it makes them really happy when you eat it so I eat it. My companion sister lee is great. She is really good at focusing on our goals. It is the mission standard to have every week 6 lessons with a member, 20 lessons total, 3 new investigators, and to talk to 140 people (talking means sharing a brief message about the restoration and the book of mormon, bearing testimony, and giving a commitment) and then to have 1 baptism per transfer. So far we have had hit the standard every week. I love you all and I am glad to hear spencer is recovering and robert got his bike fixed and everyone is home safe. Thank you for your emails and your love. I know this church is true and I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

-Sister Kincheloe