Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Korea!

Dear Family,

I made it to Korea! Yay! My last week of the MTC was simply fabulous. We went to a bunch of meetings where they shove as much information down as they can. It was great. We also had zone conference and took lots of pictures. I love the MTC I had so much fun there. I know I grew alot there.
But Now I'm in Korea! It is so surreal. Korea is pretty much just like America... only not. The plane ride from SLC to LAX was fun. I sat next to this old chinese man. I pretty much taught him lesson 1 and some of lesson 2 and I gave him a Book of Mormon. His name is Ricky Lam. I got his phone number and email and I'll be sending the missionaries his way. When we were in LA I got to call my family. It was so great talking to all of you. It was good to hear your voices.
The flight from LAX to Korea took approx. 12 hours. Yam 12 hours. It was long, but surprisingly not as bad as I thought it was going to be, I sat next to some elders in my district and Sister Lee. Sister Lee is from Korea and she is amazing. We can't really talk but we communicate very well and have so much fun together. Korean Air is thee best airline I have ever been on. All the stewardest are skinnny and beautiful and so polite and nice and helpful and they'll get you whatever you want. I got slippers for my feet ( cause everyone takes off their shoes) and I got a toothbrush and blanket and pillow and 2 meals and water and orange juice. It was great. I slept a little bit but Sister Lee wouldn't let me sleep the majority of the time becuase she wanted me to be on the Korean schedule.
My plane landed 5:30 pm Korean time on tuesday. My mission president and his wife were there at the airport to pick me up. President Lee from the Seoul Mission was there too and I got to meet him. He will be my mission president in 1 month when the missions combine. There took me to the mission home gave me some food and let me go to bed. i don't remember much excpet there were alot of people there. The president and his wife, the office elders (like 6 of them) and Brother and Sister Brancroft who work in the office. ( They say to tell you that they already adore me. They are nice.)
Korea is humid. My hair still isn't dry. But I'll get used to it.
This morning I went and played soccer with the elders. They are all very nice. Then I showered and got ready and then Sister Burton made us a traditional Korean meal for breakfast. It was delicious. The food is spicier than I am used to but I think the food and I will get along just fine. Today I will meet my trainor and get everything set up so I can have money and I'll get a t-money card which will let use all the transportation. My first area is Mok-Dong and my trainor's name is Sister Ja-Heon Lee. Yes! Native! I'm pretty stoked. I wanted a Korean companion : ) I haven't met her yet but I think we will do great together. I love you. Thank you for all your support and love and prayers. I'm finally in Korea! I'm excited to get to work and spread the message of the restored gospel. I know the church is true and I know the Book of Mormon is true.

-Love Sister Kincheloe