Thursday, May 27, 2010

Korea Day 2

Hello Family
So I get to email again because my companion is emailing so i will too. She hasn't got to email yet thsi week because they are switching up P-days so that the whole world has the same Pday. My first area is Mok-Dong and my companion's name is Ja-Heon Lee. She is so super sweet and cute and loving. I can just feel the love radiating from her. My first full day in Korea we had a lesson in the evening. It was great ; ) i pretty much just sat and listened and at the end I bore my testimony about what I thought we had talked about. It was fun. When my companion was bearing her testimony at the end I felt the spirit super strong. Korea is a little wierd, no? The other day we were jundoing and street boarding and I felt like I was on a different planet. Everything is pretty much the same as the US except everyone is asian and everything is wacky. Jundoing (street contacting/proselyting) was a fun experience. it goes a little something like this. I say hello nice to meet you I'm a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. Have you ever seen this book? (they answer yes or no) this is the Book of Mormon. It testifies (or scriptures - i can't remember if I was saying the right word yesterday) about Jesus Christ. When I read this Book I feel happiness. And then usually by this point they have walked away for just stopped looking at me. So ya, its fun. By one of the times I did it this girl I guess was kind of listening and then one of the AP elders stepped in and got her phone number. So i guess I kinda got my first pone number even though I didn't really ask for it. So yay for me. It is a little hard working up the courage to talk to someone when you know what you are about to say is not going to make any sense to the person and they probably won't care, but I will keep talking and starting up random conversations about Jesus with random people. They need this gospel. We all do. Plus you lose the spirit if you don't talk to people.
Funny things about Korea:
The shower and the bathroom in the houses are combined into one. It is basically a drain on the floor and one of those movable shower head things. Interesting experience this morning discovering that. Also, the water that comes out of the drain isn't purified so you have to use a filter. I came at the nicest time of year. Apparently soon it will be swelteringly hot. woohoo yeah me! That'll be fun. I used Tekbeh for the first time. Tekbeh is this great company that will deliver anything anywhere in Korea. My mission president had me tekbeh my luggage from the mission home to my apartment because the traffic would have been so bad we wouldn't have made it to our appointment. So I didn't have all my stuff with me the first night. But it is all good. Still a little jet lagged. I woke up at 4:30 this morning ready to go. It'll get better though in a few days.
I was kinda going through companionship withdraws the first night. I cried a little bit. I hope sister leishman is having fun and adjusting well. She's so great. She is from Montana, she can handle anything. I love my new companion so much. She is great :) She is the 2nd of 6 children. Both her older brother and younger brother and her were all on missions at the same time a few months ago, but one just went home. She is so spiritual and so in tune. We will definitely have a baptism this transfer.
I love you all! The mission home address should be on my facebook page so you can write me there. Oh, companion says I should get a translator. There are around 200 dollars I guess. I will try and get one on Pday with the money I have. I haven't really had to spend any. I wouldn't get one but she suggested it so I will do what she says. If you have any better ideas just let me know.
I know the church is true. The Book of Mormon is the sickle : )
<3 Sister Kincheloe